U-Pass Opt-out Information
Who can opt-out?
The following students are eligible to opt-out of the U-Pass upon submission of the appropriate proof:
- Those within Regina’s designated opt-out zone
- Those who live outside of Regina city limits
- Those on an exchange program
- Those with a medical disability
- University Staff
Before requesting an opt-out, please check your URegina account to see if you have been charged for the U-Pass. If you have not been charged, you should not have to request an opt-out.
How to Opt-out
The last day to submit an opt-out request is Jan 31th, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
You will receive an email confirmation when your opt-out request has been received. Then URSU will process electronic opt-out requests as quickly as possible and will notify you via email if you have qualified for an opt-out or not. Once you have successfully opted-out, URSU will notify Information Services that your U-Pass fee should be refunded. If you believe you have submitted an opt-out request but have not received confirmation of the request, or have not received an answer on whether it was approved or rejected, please contact the URSU Front Desk. URSU will not be held responsible for failure to submit an opt-out request due to a technical issue with the electronic opt-out request.
Please note that you must opt out every Fall semester & every Winter semester. You cannot request a permanent opt-out.
U-Pass processing at the URSU Front Desk
Visit the URSU Front desk on the second floor of the Riddell Centre (RC 221) during the following times to activate your UPass:
- Mondays – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fridays – 9:00 a.m. to 4:o0 p.m.
U-Pass processing in the URSU Boardroom
Below are the dates and times you may visit the URSU Boardroom location on the second floor of the Riddell Centre for processing and signup. More specific dates will be made public once confirmed.
Students who live within Regina’s opt-out zone
If you live within Regina’s opt-out zone, you may opt-out if you provide the following proof on your opt-out form:
- Show 1 piece of mail (GST&PST, utility bill, cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement, etc.) with your name on it from within the last 30 days. It cannot be personal mail (e.g. a letter sent to you by your relative). Your proof should show the date the mail was sent, your name, your address, and who it was sent by.
- Students living in residence may present their residence contract instead.
- URSU will not accept letters from landlords.
Addresses that fall within the opt-out zone
Please note that, in addition to the areas listed below, we will also accept opt-outs where your place of residence does not have a bus service within a reasonable walkable distance. This is left to the discretion of URSU. If and when bus service is extended closer to that area, you will no longer be able to opt-out based on those grounds.
|La Vendrye Way||11||55|
Student’s who live outside of Regina city limits
If you live outside of Regina city limits, you may opt-out if you provide the following proof on your opt-out form:
- Less than 50 km from city limits – Show 1 piece of mail (GST&PST, utilities bill, cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement, etc.) with your name on it from within the last 30 days. It cannot be personal mail (e.g. a letter sent to you by your relative or your landlord). Your proof should show the date the mail was sent, your name, your address, and who it was sent by.
- More than 50 km from city limits – Show 2 pieces of mail (GST&PST, utilities bill, cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement, etc.) with your name on it from within the last 30 days. It cannot be personal mail (e.g. a letter sent to you by your relative or your landlord). Your proof should show the date the mail was sent, your name, your address, and who it was sent by.
Sample Locations within 50 km of Regina
Alta Vista, Avonhurst, Balgonie, Bechard, Belle Plaine, Bethune, Buena Vista, Coppersands, Craven, Davin, Disley, Drinkwater, Edenwold, Edgeley, Emerald Park, Estlin, Fairy Hill, Frankslake, Glenbrea, Grand Coulee, Gray, Kannata Valley, Kennell, Kronau, Lajord, Lumsden, Lumsden Beach, McLean, Milestone, Muscowpetung Reserve, Pasqua Reserve, Pelican Pointe, Pense, Piapot Reserve, Pilot Butte, Regina Beach, Riceton, Rouleau, Saskatchewan Beach, Sedley, Silton, Stony Beach, Sunset Cove, Tregarva, Vibank, White City, Wilcox, Zehner
Students on Exchange
You need to submit a copy of your proof of acceptance into an exchange program.
Students with a Medical Disability
You need to upload your proof of disability, which should be something like a doctor’s note or some other formal documentation.
Please visit us with a copy of your most recent pay stub.
You must be employed full-time in a regular administrative or teaching position, i.e. not a TA.
Nursing practicum, Education internship placement and MHA cohort students
You will need to upload a proof of your studies. You may request a formal copy from either the University’s Registrar’s Office or from your faculty.