Job Posting – Kitchen Manager
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and directing all aspects of kitchen operations while maintaining high-quality menu options and service levels. The Kitchen Manager is expected to schedule kitchen staff, maintain appropriate inventory and supply levels, create and prepare menu items in an efficient manner and provide excellent direction and control of the food preparation and catering operations. The Kitchen Manager is further required to ensure the safe and healthy preparation of meals and sanitation techniques at all times to avoid cross-contamination and the spoiling of food and beverages. This position is also responsible for inventory management, cost setting, and profitability of URSU’s culinary operations. When accomplishing the above, the Kitchen Manager must maintain and abide by all standards, policies, and procedures set forth by the University of Regina Students’ Union (URSU) and any applicable government agencies. Most importantly, the Kitchen Manager continuously strives to put internal and external customer satisfaction first, with special attention to the needs of URSU’s membership.
● Quality Orientation
● Time Management
● Creative and Innovative Thinking
● Development and Continuous Learning
● Problem Solving
● Decision Making and Judgement
● Operating Equipment
● Providing Consultation
● Ethics and Integrity
● Planning and Organizing
● Mathematical Reasoning
● Enforcing Laws, Rules, and Regulations
● Coaching and Mentoring
● Energy and Stress
● Team Work Job Duties
● Oversee all kitchen operations ensuring healthy and safe work practices.
● Provide costed menu options for catering functions.
● Create, review and update menu options with URSU’s membership in mind.
● Schedule kitchen staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
● Order inventory and kitchen supplies, ensuring sufficient stock levels.
● Establish, implement and communicate menu recipe requirements.
● Recruit, select, and train kitchen staff.
● Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
● Ensure any food returned to the kitchen is counted and disposed of as waste.
● Maintain an accurate log of food and beverage waste.
● Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
● Notify Management of any repairs or maintenance required for kitchen appliances and equipment.
● Enforce proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures.
● Create, maintain and develop systems, procedures, and training materials for all staff members
● Adhere to and enforce company policies.
● Other duties shall be assigned as required.
The full Job Description is available here.
URSU offers a competitive salary package, comprehensive benefits, an engaging work environment and the opportunity to work with and mentor tomorrow’s youth leaders.
Qualified applicants should forward their resume along with a cover letter in confidence to:
Amanda McDonald, Director of Campus Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com