The University of Regina Students’ Union has 22 computer stations conveniently located beside the Member Services Desk open for all students to use 24/7 (except for University Holidays). These computers are free to use and will never be booked for a class or lab. We only ask that you stay aware of other people who may need to use the computers. All of these computers are connected to a black and white printer (LEXMARK RC 221) and a colour printer (LEXMARK RC 221-clr) that allow you to print reports and assignments with your @uregina.ca account.
To use the computer, just log in with your @uregina.ca student account or with the generic username assigned to each computer.
- Find an available computer
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to start
- Read the notice for using the machine. At the bottom of the notice you’ll find the generic username for the computer you are using.
- Type in either your @uregina.ca username and password OR the generic username and leave the password blank.
- Click “Ok” to start using the computer.
- Logout when you are finished using the machine.
Note: If you want to print or save documents, you MUST log in with an @uregina.ca account.
This is because files are stored on the University’s network under your account so that they can be accessed from any U of R computer terminal. Your account is also required to print so that it can be billed for each page you print.
To find out what your @uregina.ca username is, please follow these instructions. Once you’ve found out what your username is, we highly recommend you change your password.
- There is a public print device located at the Education Building Main Entrance you can use. (price see below “University Printing Prices”)
- The Printing Services department is available to provide printing, copying, or scanning if you need it. Email your document to email@example.com and they will inform you when to pick up @AH118. Visit their website for more information.
- URSU printing services: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 12:00p.m, 1 p.m. – 4p.m. / RC221), email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org ($0.25/ page for black&white; $0.50/ page for coloured printing)
University Printing Prices
|Letter (8.5″ x 11″)||Legal (8.5″ x 14″)||Ledger (11″ x 17″)*|
|B/W Single Sided||$0.10||$0.15||$0.20|
|Colour Single Sided||$0.25||$0.35||–|
|Scanning (per page)||$0.08||$0.08||$0.08|
* Ledger (11×17) and Legal (8.5×14) sizes only available in Main Library on Lexmark Model X864
*Students can view their print & copy transaction history by logging in to Web Print.
- Make sure you have logged on to the computer with your Username and Password.
- Try enabling printing on the desktop – click the icon ‘Enable Lab Printing’ and follow the instructions.
- Make sure you have selected ‘Letter’ size on your document.
- Some PDF files are too large for the printer to process. To avoid this, open your PDF file in Adobe Reader. After you click PRINT, go to ADVANCED and check the box PRINT AS IMAGE